- Who is Medidata Solutions?
- Medidata Solutions is the leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for clinical research in life sciences, transforming clinical development through its advanced applications and intelligent data analytics. The Medidata Clinical Cloud™ brings new levels of productivity and quality to the clinical testing of promising medical treatments, from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. We are committed to advancing the competitive and scientific goals of our global customers, which include over 90% of the top 25 global pharmaceutical companies; innovative biotech, diagnostic and device firms; leading academic medical centers; and contract research organizations.
- What products and services does Medidata offer?
- Medidata products and services allow customers to achieve clinical results more efficiently and effectively by streamlining the design, planning and management of key aspects of the clinical development process, including protocol development (Medidata Designer™), investigator benchmarking and budgeting (Medidata Grants Manager™), contract research organization (CRO) benchmarking and budgeting (Medidata CRO Contractor™), and the capture, management, analysis and reporting of clinical trial data (Medidata Rave®).
- Who are Medidata's customers?
- Medidata's diverse customer base spans pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies, academic institutions, CROs and other research organizations, and includes more than 20 of the top 25 global pharmaceutical companies.
- When was Medidata Solutions founded?
- Medidata Solutions was founded in 1999
- When was Medidata Solutions' initial public offering and at what price was its stock offered?
- The Company's initial public offering (IPO) was on June 25, 2009 at a price of $14.00 per share.
- What is Medidata Solutions' stock symbol?
- The Company's common stock trades under the stock symbol MDSO.
- On what stock exchange is Medidata Solutions listed?
- The Company's shares are listed on NASDAQ Global Market.
- How many common shares of Medidata Solutions are outstanding?
- Medidata had approximately 59.8 million shares of common stock outstanding as of June 30, 2017.
- Where is Medidata Solutions headquartered?
- 350 Hudson Street, 9th Floor New York, NY 10014 (212) 918 - 1800
- How many employees does Medidata Solutions have?
- As of June 30, 2017, Medidata Solutions had 1,595 employees and total headcount of over 1,970 including additional non-employee contractors.
- How can I buy or sell Medidata Solutions common stock?
- The Company's common stock can be purchased or sold through any stock brokerage or discount brokerage firm.
- Does Medidata Solutions offer a direct share purchase plan?
- The Company does not offer a direct share purchase plan.
- Does Medidata Solutions issue dividends or have a DRIP program?
- The Company does not issue dividends or have a DRIP program at this time.
- Where can I obtain additional information on Medidata Solutions?
- You can access the Company's press releases, annual reports, quarterly reports and other materials online at www.mdsol.com.
- Who is Medidata Solutions' transfer agent and how does a registered shareholder contact the agent regarding account information?
- Our Transfer Agent, American Stock Transfer & Trust Company, can help you in a variety of shareowner-related services including change of address, lost stock certificates, stock transfer, account status and other administrative services. You can write or call our Transfer Agent at:
American Stock Transfer and Trust
Attn: Shareholder Services
6201 15th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11219
(888) 257-7340 You may also access our transfer agent over the Internet at http://www.amstock.com. You can check your account balances, access certain shareholder services, and obtain various forms and other helpful information you may need online. Shareowners wishing to transfer their stock should send their written request, stock certificate(s) and other required documentation to:
American Stock Transfer and Trust
Attn: Shareholder Services
6201 15th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11219
- How can I access SEC documents, such as a Form 10-K or 10-Q?
- SEC documents can be accessed under "SEC filings" at www.mdsol.com or at www.sec.gov.
- When does Medidata Solutions release earnings information?
- Information regarding the timing of quarterly earnings releases and webcasts is available in the Event Calendar as well as detailed in specific press releases available in the News Section of the corporate Website.
- What is Medidata Solutions' independent registered public accounting firm?
- Deloitte & Touche LLP
- How can I obtain a copy of the final initial public offering prospectus?
- A copy of the final initial public offering prospectus can be obtained at www.sec.gov.
Stock Split FAQs
- Has Medidata Solutions ever done a stock split in the past?
- No. This is Medidata Solutions’s first stock split
- Why did Medidata's Board of Directors authorize a stock split?
- The stock split reflects the Board of Directors' continued confidence in the long-term growth and financial performance of our Company. A stock split is also expected to make the price of the Company’s stock more affordable and potentially more attractive to new investors
- How will the 2-for-1 stock split actually work?
- A two-for-one split means that one additional share of stock is issued for each share in existence prior to the split. After the split, each share is worth one-half of what it was worth immediately prior to the split.
Let’s assume that as of the Record Date (December 2, 2013) an investor owns 100 shares of Medidata Solutions common stock and let’s also assume that the market price of Medidata Solutions stock is $100 per share, so the investment in Medidata Solutions is worth $10,000. Let’s also assume that the stock price doesn’t move up or down between the record date and the time the split actually takes place. Immediately after the split, the investor would own 200 shares of Medidata Solutions stock, but the market price would be $50 per share. The investor’s total investment value in Medidata Solutions would remain the same at $10,000 until the stock price moves up or down.
- What are the effective dates of this stock split?
- There are several key dates: The Record Date is on December 2, 2013. This is the date used to determine which stockholders are entitled to receive additional shares due to the split. The Split Date is on December 16, 2013. This is the date when shares issued as a result of the stock split are expected to be distributed by our transfer agent to our stockholders The Ex Date is on December 17, 2013. This is the date on which the trading price of our stock on Nasdaq is adjusted to reflect the split.
- Are there any personal income tax consequences as a result of Medidata Solutions' stock split?
- We are advised that the issuance of shares in this stock split is not a taxable event for U.S. Federal income tax purposes (under sections 305(a) and 307(a) of the Internal Revenue Code). The tax basis in each existing share you currently own should be divided equally between that share and the new share received with respect to that share in the stock split, so that following the stock split each share then owned will have a tax basis equal to one-half of the tax basis of a share held prior to the stock split. For example, if you owned 100 shares before the split with a tax basis of $100 per share, after the split you would own 200 shares of stock with a tax basis of $50 per share. We recommend that shareholders consult with their own tax advisor regarding all of the tax consequences resulting from the stock split. Foreign residents should consult their local tax advisors.
- I currently hold my Medidata Solutions stock in certificate form. Is there anything that I need to do?
- No, if you hold a certificate, there is no action that you need to take. The additional split shares will be added in book entry to a American Stock Transfer and Trust account in your name. You will receive a statement from American Stock Transfer and Trust reflecting your book-entry holdings which will be sent following the distribution date on December 16, 2013. You can also access your account on-line at www.amstock.com
- How do I contact the stock transfer agent?
- If you are a record holder and have questions about the stock split, shareowner records, stock transfers, stock certificates or other stock-related inquiries please contact: American Stock Transfer and Trust Attn: Shareholder Services 6201 15th Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11219 (888) 257-7340 Visit website: www.amstock.com Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- My shares are held by a brokerage firm. How do my shares get adjusted for a stock split?
- If your Medidata Solutions shares are held in a brokerage account, they split automatically on the split date. You don’t need to do anything.
- How does a stock split affect the number of common shares outstanding and the future calculation of earnings per share?
- When the stock splits on a two-for-one basis, the number of shares outstanding doubles. Earnings per share are one half of what they otherwise would have been as the net earnings are divided by two times as many shares.
- Will the stock split change my percentage ownership of Medidata Solutions?
- No, the stock split will not change your proportionate ownership interest in the Company.
- Has Medidata Solutions filed a IRS Form 8937 (stock split)?
- Please click here to view IRS Form 8937